Monday, March 5, 2012

Story


Friendship, the true kind with those who join and share and weather with you, settling in like a house on its foundation, is a cadence and stride of lifelong conversation.  A stroll together, with allowances given for re-visitation, clarification, struggle, change, growth.  

And writing a blog, I'm finding, is more like a conversation between friends than a book, published and bound.  I often sit here and struggle with how much more there is to say.  And how I'm no expert in the things I share.  I am often weighed by the stories gifted to me in a week and how to best represent them in this space, if at all.  

But at the end of the day you and I sit and dialog, sharing dreams and ramblings and ideas of the grand...and the small.  And sometimes we are still, quiet, but it all makes for this side-by-side pace of together.







Thank you.  Thank you for reading, sharing, posting, commenting, following.  Thank you for listening as I serve up fragments of this simple life-story.  

And thank you most of all for your stories.  They make me laugh...and cry.  And be ever more thankful for this jointed life, awe-struck by the way vulnerability knocks the wind out of us with ravishing beauty. 

If you had a cape and a crusade, your super power would be story.  And the world needs you to show up. Tights, optional. 


Live your life from your heart.  Share from your heart.  And your story will touch and heal people's souls. 
MELODY BEATTIE


Mmmm.  Preach, Beattie!  And keep sharing your sacred, healing stories.  

1 comment:

  1. I always know that you will have been given just the right words...reading your writings is always like unwrapping a treasure...a gift wrapping of words and the brightly colored tissue paper of spirit that cradles the sweet vulnerability of truth...and in it, love is shared. Thank you, Cousin...

    ReplyDelete